The Don Bosco KEP Children Fund accepts applications from national and international volunteers to support this Project with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Social work.
- Children education.
- Children and teenagers assistance.
- Music and sports skills for children and teenagers.
In order to apply as a volunteer with DBKCF, keep the following conditions in mind:
- There is not a need to pay something to Don Bosco to become a volunteer. Don Bosco does not endorse volunteer organizations asking fees to persons in order to become volunteers. There is not any payment from Don Bosco to any person for becoming a volunteer – a paid staff is not a volunteer. Any volunteer in Don Bosco who wants to make a financial contribution, is welcome also, but it is not a condition.
- Volunteers in Don Bosco must assume the cost of international travels, international insurance and visa documents.
- Don Bosco can offer a place to stay and meals with the community. It is a standard accommodation and local meals, Special requirements must be covered by the volunteers – vegetarians, vegans, persons with special diets, the use of air conditioning, laundry, must be covered by you.
- Don Bosco does not offer visas. It is a right of the Cambodian immigration. If you are going to stay for more than six months as a volunteer, Don Bosco can request a letter of invitation from the Ministry of Interior to give you a Visa for volunteers. You cannot work in Cambodia out of Don Bosco with that visa.
- We prefer volunteers who will stay in their service for more than 3 months. Short stay experiences can be done only in very specific tasks or requirements.
- Foreign volunteers must present a POLICE RECORD from your own country to state safety to work with children.
- Applicants coming for themselves, must provided references.
In order to apply as a volunteer, please do like this:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in being a volunteer and what you can offer. Keep in mind the areas published above.
- I will send you the VOLUNTEERS APPLICATION.
- We can make an appointment by W/app or Skype if we consider it necessary.
- Send back to the same email the form, CV and police record.
- Keep in mind that the Cambodian academic year starts in the middle of October. April is the Cambodian new year and September is of holidays.